The Javits Center in NYC added a green roof (6 city block footprint) in 2014. Since the installation, they are now able to tell the world about the practical benefits they have gained as a result of it's vegetated roof system. Watch NPR's 'Why Cities Need More Green Roofs' to learn more!
• Creating a habitat for 300,000 bees and 25 species of bird
• Reducing the rooftop temperature by 6 degrees Fahrenheit
• Retained 7 million gallons of stormwater runoff
• Reduced their energy consumption by 26%
• An overall savings of $3 million dollars from 2014 to 2016