WHAT IS A GREEN ROOF? IT IS A PROVEN METHOD OF GETTING THE BUILT ENVIRONMENT TO WORK WITH NATURE – NOT AGAINST IT.
Apex Green Roofs Inc. is a leading vegetated roofing contractor with more than 10 years of successful green roof design, install and maintenance expertise.
As a specialty trade with hands-on experience and knowledge - Apex Green Roofs Inc. highly recommends a design/build approach for successful and cost-effective vegetated roof installations. Without an experienced installer review of the design for a vegetated roof system - cost of implementation can significantly increase.
Why? All green roof systems are unique. Apex Green Roofs Inc. guides its clients during the planning phase to determine correct build-up of a resilient roof top eco-system including:
- Roof conditions, weight restrictions and safety precautions
- Waterproofing membrane
- Troubleshooting design issues resulting in poor drainage, growth, media depth, etc
- Most appropriate green roof components
- Customized engineered soil specified to weight limitations
- Intended function of green roof: strictly functional in municipal requirements or includes aesthetic and recreational uses
- Guidelines required for LEED certification
- Selection of a green roof plant list that will thrive in unique location-specific variables such as light conditions, wind exposure, potential fire restrictions, availability of water.
- Short and Long-term green roof maintenance requirement and considerations.
Logistical experts in both urban and rural settings; private and public green roof projects - Apex Green Roofs provides a versatile green roof installation service. We work with large scale and small general contractors, architects, landscape architects, engineers, roofing contractors, developers, waterproofing manufacturers and home owners.
Learn more about the benefits of green roofs on our FAQ page.
See our Resources page for helpful links to FLL and ASTM Standards for green roofs.